3/F Dusit Thani Manila ayala center, Makati City Tel. 8819-5644 / 8810-9622
Temporary visitor visa for attending conference by private religious group and non- government/ non-profit organization
A Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS system is a documentary proof issued by ERFS of Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare after the receiving organization has applied and registered the entrant’s information online.
ERFS (Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System)
Embassy cannot accommodate inquiries as to ERFS. Please contact 050-1751-2158, 050-1741-8558 from 9 AM to 9 PM directly.
Purpose of going to Japan is attending seminar, international conferences or meetings organized by the above organizations, etc. (except for the commercial conferences)
- Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
- It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed below is encouraged (e.g. applicant’s economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit: medical certificate, wedding invitation).
- Sufficient documents does not guarantee of an approve visa, still Japan Embassy's discretion applies.
- If a falsified document is submitted, a visa will not be issued.
- Documents submitted cannot be returned as a general rule.
- In some instances, Japan Embassy ask for an additional document (other than the basic). Such documents must be submitted within three (3) months only, otherwise the application will be terminated.
- Receipts of documents (PSA B/C, PSA M/C, Bank Certificate, etc.) should be removed.
All documents must be original unless otherwise stated.
- Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
2. Visa Application Form
- Available at the OUR WEB SITE, at the entrance of the Embassy or at FRIENDSHIP TOURS.
- Application form should be filled out all items correctly, If item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
- Specs: 4.5cm x 3.5cm(2x1.4 inch),, with white background.
- Photo must be taken within 6 months.
- Please write applicant's name and birthdate on back side of the photo.
- Photo must be pasted on the application form.
4. Employment Certificate/ Certificate of Membership
- For self-employed applicants please submit a certificate of business registration
5. Travel Order/ Dispatch Letter
6. Invitation Letter
7. Business Registration /TOKIBOTOHON (must be issued within 1 year original or photocopy), Copy of the latest Quarterly Report(SHIKIHO), Company Brochure, Pamphlet or any outline of the company/organization.
Note 1. If invited by Japanese counterpart, submit requirements 9 and 10
Note 2. If invited by an individual, submit employment certificate of inviter instead of 10 above.
8. Proof of activities in Japan (Seminar, International Conference Pamphlets etc.)
[If counterpart in Japan will shoulder any/part of applicant's travel expenses]
9. Guarantee Letter
[If Applicant is not Philippines nationality ]
10. Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth and marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippine government.
- Visa application of foreigners who are on short-term (temporary) visa in the Philippines cannot be accepted. Please apply at the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant resides or over the country of which the applicant's passport was issued.